Using a bare metal instance, you can directly use a physical server without going through a virtualized environment or hypervisor.
Bare metal instances allow you to run services that are sensitive to performance and stability.
- The type of a bare metal instance cannot be changed after creation.
- You cannot create images of bare metal instances.
- You cannot view logs or screenshots for bare metal instances.
- Bare metal instances cannot attach additional block storage.
- In the event of a hardware failure, recovery time may take longer than for a normal instance.