Game > Smart Downloader > Overview
The Smart Downloader service supports for downloading resources required to run a game in multi-threads.
The Client downloads resources and collects statistical data, so as to provide various information.
Support for Multi-threaded Downloads
- Make the most of the network bandwidth for a download.
- Useful for an environment where the network is not speedy (global) and has a number of files .
Update Revised File List Only
- Updated on the file size- or checksum-basis.
- Update is available even for image or text files, for which the content has changed but the size remains (since file checksum changes).
- After an initial full download, only increments are to be updated.
Allow Simple Uploads and Automate Uploading/Creating Deployment Files
- Game resources are easily uploaded via console/Jenkins Plugin.
- Uploads can be automated by using Jenkins Plugin.
- With game resources uploaded, deployment files are automatically updated.
Simplify Downloads and Updates
- Download can be simply implemented through provided SDK, while the process details are provided.
Provide Statistics on Game Downloads
- Provide real-time download status within 24 hours, as well as daily monitoring indicators
- Check statistics on successful/failed downloads
- Check download statistics for each country, device, or OS
- Allow search for download statistics during selected time range (around the time of game deployment)
|Individual unit of Smart Downloader.
|Game resources to be downloaded via Smart Downloader SDK: to be managed by each service.
|Builds uploaded to Smart Downloader automatically create deployment files: to be managed by each service.
|CDN which is automatically created within Smart Downloader.
|When there is a CDN already in use, which is not an internal one.
[Figure 1] Smart Downloader Structure
|A client SDK to use SmartDownloader for a game client.
|Processes NHN Cloud authentication and delivers CDN Download URL to a client SDK.
|Allows to register Smart Downloader, or to upload or monitor builds.
|Provided to directly upload builds on user's build server, not via console.